Thursday, January 10, 2013

Smoothies: Healthy or Not?

How are you doing with last week's "Before Every Shower" exercise?

I have been doing it every day and I feel great. My muscles feel a little tighter and not as flabby. I really enjoy doing this work out before every shower because it is so quick! It's not much but it's a start at being more healthy and it is SO EASY to do every day.

Today I am starting my day off right with a smoothie. Not your typical milk, yogurt, fruit smoothie... don't get me wrong - those are delicious. The kind I'm having is way more nutritious, however.

Start with a cup of fresh cool water. Add about 2 handfuls of fresh greens: spinach, arugula, spring mix, any kind of lettuce you have. The greener the better. REMEMEBR: Iceberg is just water and fiber. Add 2 handfuls of berries: raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc. Blend and drink.



Limiting the ingredients helps your body to digest easier, giving you more ability to absorb those awesome nutrients. I know that it sounds gross, but it really doesn't taste bad!

Try this smoothie first thing in the morning every other day and let me know how it works for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment