Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday Workout

This evening I finally got around to my workout. My goal is to workout at least 3 times a week as I start my new routine. I may have slacked off and fell short on a couple goals so far but hey, I'm not a quitter. Here we go again. I am holding myself responsible by writing in my completed workouts on the calendar. I also have a "workout buddy," my sister. Will agreed to check in with each other every morning post-workout. Along with these things, I will be *trying* to write a post every time I work out with the results of my activities.

I find it much easier to workout with a poppin' soundtrack. I tend to move to the beat of the songs, and I use the songs as timers.
Today began with a 10 minute warm up of:

jumping jacks
butt kickers
knee highs  I also did a little arm motion with the butt kickers and knee highs to get my heart rate up)

workout:
squats (1/2 - 1 song length)
leg raises (front, back, and side 10x with each leg) and repeat for entire song
table push ups (as many as I could)
tricep dips (from table, as many as I could)
sumo squats (entire song)

REPEAT as necessary to complete full 30 mins

I am also trying for the first time, my post-workout protein shake. I am using Garden of Life's RAW Protein. I think I'll mix it with almond milk, and maybe a banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment